PARK STEAMSHIP CO.
The Park Steamship Co. was formed in 1942 as a Crown Corporation to carry Canadian war materials to the various battle fronts and controlled 176 ships at it's peak. All ships were anemd after Canadian parks and pleasure gardens. 114 of these ships were of the 'Fort' type, 42 were of the 4700 ton DWT 'SCandinavian' type, 13 were 10000 ton DWT tankers and 6 were 3600 ton DWT tankers. The enitre fleet had been disposed of by 1947. These pictures are published for pleasure/information/research purposes only and are not for sale or copy under any circumstances. Information in captions has been researched as thoroughly as possible but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed.Read More